Blog of a bonsai amateur and tree lover

...om mina bonsaier och andra träd

torsdag 11 juni 2015

Bougainvillea


For some time I wanted to try and make a bonsai from a bougainvillea. The last weekend of April I bought a large pot with a large bougainvillea on a long and straight stem, maybe 70 cm high. The crown was a round ball of purple flowers.




I'm sorry, I didn't take a picture of the flowers, only when I had already sawed off the trunk I remembered to take the picture.
You can see it is totally bare. It was a gamble, a lot of sap ran down the stump and I could not know if it would just die or so...
But today  it has at least five shoots growing from the stump, and I don't regret the operation.
It is now 13 cm high and 2,5 cm in diameter.



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar